This months Loot Crate theme has been revealed and my crate will shortly be with me.
This theme revolves around the world’s most hated thing known to mankind:
They cause havoc in cities, children to cry and heroes to fight; they destroy planets and lives with anguish and passion, they are the worst kind of people known to man – they are the Villains of the world. Gotham stands no chance in a game of cards when the Joker is played, the father of Luke wonders in the dark with the Death Star in tow and there is always that one girl with a Raven on her shoulder and skin as blue as the ocean that consumes the globe; these are some of the Villains feared by all but where every Joker, there is a Bat. With every dark side, there is a beacon of light and with every Raven, there is a Wolverine.
July’s crate is all to do with Villains, so join me soon in my unboxing of this months Loot Crate.
Megan x :)
First Class Flirts
Unfortunately I didn’t fly first class but I was able to pick up this cute Benefit travel set on board:-
Here are the items I got inside. Cannot wait to try them out!
My beauty regime has also changed a lot especially the way I am applying make up and how much I am putting on my skin. I barely wore any make up on holiday apart from to cover up any problem areas and a bit of bronzer, I am hoping to incorporate this into my routine back in England as it takes less time and any skin problems I have will clear up quicker. I am going to definetly include these into my routine, cannot wait to also try out the “That Gal” primer, I have heard fantastic things about it. This only cost me £16.50 on the plane so was a fantastic buy. I love Duty Free and whoever came up with the idea!
That’s all from me,
Megan x :)
I have just come back from my relaxing holiday in Palma and luckily for me it is sunny back here in England. So to keep me in the holiday spirit whilst the sun is high in the sky I have put together a mini holiday survival kit for you all to enjoy!
1. Oil Absorbing Sheets – A great little piece to carry around in your bag when you are on the go in humid heat; easy and quick to use. Would suggest this as a must have for anyone, even if you aren’t going away it is a great way to remove excess shine and grease from the face, even when make up has been applied. They give you a matte complexion instantly. I picked up this item from Boots they weren’t that expensive and with the ones I chose I got 50 sheets, the one I bought was part of the Boots own Skin Clear range. They are incredible and I would not leave home without them.
2. Moisturizer - Face, body – the whole shebang; the hot sun can do a lot of damage to your skin so make sure to keep it replenished after being out in the sun especially if you get sunburnt as it will also prevent peeling and keep the colour locked in for longer. This brings me to my next item…
3. Sunscreen - A must have! Skin care is vital when being in the sun whatever the country. Skin cancer is serious and is something you want try and prevent as much as possible so take some safety steps to protect your skin and look after yourself. Using a sunscreen is important and is a must, I cannot say that enough. If you want a nice tan you can still get one with a factor 30 also make sure the brand has a good UV rating. The better the UV rating, the better the protection.
4. Good Deodorant - Being in the humidity will cause you to sweat a lot so having a good deodorant that can prevent under arm sweating and avoid odours is something crucial in surviving a nice holiday in the sun. I found a great deodorant that worked perfectly for me. Palma obviously isn’t the hottest place to go but it isn’t exactly cold either, the deodorant I used was Mitchum 48HR Protection Flower Fresh Spray along with the Mitchum 48HR Powder Fresh under arm roll on. Both of these stayed put throughout the day, I wouldn’t say for the whole 48 hours due to the heat but they certainly together prevented sweating and kept me smelling fresh. By far the best deodorant I have used, at the moment on sale in Boots – 2 for £4 which is a bargain compared to their usual retail prices.
5. Last but not least – A Good Read – Having a good book to read is another thing needed when on holiday, you can’t go wrong sitting by the pool with an interesting storyline that grips you from the off set. The two books I chose to read were:- All you Need is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and Sad Wind from the Sea by Jack Higgins. Both great reads and now that I am back I cannot wait to read my other Jack Higgins book The Khufra Run. For anyone wondering whether to give his novels a read I would highly recommend doing so, they are gripping and absolutely interesting. I adore his writing style and I am sad I didn’t start reading Sad Wind from the Sea earlier. So stop with the excuses and pick up one of his books! You won’t regret it!
If you have anything else that you think is needed for a holiday survival kit, please leave me a comment down below. I know there are hundreds of must haves for any holiday to take with you but these are a few I can think of, thought I’d keep it short and sweet.
That’s all from me, I am in many ways glad to be back just missing the sunshine and also hoping my new lovely tan will stay put for the foreseeable future!
Megan :) x
P.S. Sand may be annoying especially once you’ve come back from the beach and find it everywhere! However it is a natural exfoliant so collect all the sand you’ve accumulated and use it with water to exfoliate the skin and remove any dry skin. Perfect – Turn annoyances into fabulous beauty products!
My friend received their crate at the weekend so I knew that first thing this morning I would come into work to find my Loot Crate waiting for me. Two whole days of waiting later and here it is, my crate of transforming goodies. Lets stop the chit-chat and get right to it. I know this is late compared to some other people’s so instead of making anyone out there wait any longer, here it is;
“Like us, there’s more to them than meets the eye” – Optimus Prime
Transformers Hex Bugs by Hasbro & First Innovations Labs
Transformers Blind Box by Habro and The Loyal Subjects
Transormers Sticker Set, MLG Terry Cloth Wristband & MLG Stickers
Marty McPrime Shirt by Nathan Davis & The Hundreds
Gotta go back in time!! This months Loot Crate items were not the best I have ever received from the wonderful people at Loot Crate but I did enjoy them especially the Back to the Future themed t-shirt. I have always been a huge fan so to get a shirt remotely linked to BTF is a plus; by far my favourite item in the crate. I am quite disappointed though that not many of the items can transform from one thing to another, I had such high hopes and think they missed out on a great opportunity. Either way these items aren’t the worst and I am happy to have received them.
Don’t miss out for next months Loot Crate. Subscriptions for July are now open and you can get $3 off by using the code: SAVE3 or if you’d rather just read about what items are in next months crate instead of getting one for yourself please feel free to follow my blog as I am not intending on stopping my subscription to Loot Crate anytime soon and will be doing monthly posts of what amazing items I receive.
If you do wish to subscribe to Loot Crate, you can do that here: ——> www.lootcrate.com
That’s all from me,
Megan x :)
Here are some more pictures from my time in Australia.
You can find the first part here:- Australian Adventure – Part 1
Out of the set this is by far my least favourite item, the toner feels greasy on my skin and unpleasant to use. It is also very difficult to get out of the actual bottle itself which adds to the annoyance of this product. Overall I only give this product a 1 out of 5.
The Nutra Energy 100 Hours Cream
Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream